Refund And Cancellation Policies
- Middleton Academy shall issue a full refund of tuition if the school is notified of the student’s decision to cancel the enrollment within the first 5 days of enrolling in the course, regardless if any assignments have been submitted. The 5 calendar days begins when the student signs the enrollment agreement.
- The cancellation request may be conveyed to Middleton Academy in any way, such as by telephone, fax, email, or by letter.
- If notification of cancellation occurs after 5 days of enrolling, Middleton Academy shall retain a non-refundable registration fee of $75.00 to handle admissions review costs.
- Students who request cancellation of a course after the first 5 days of enrolling into a course shall receive a refund of tuition based on the percentage of the course completed at the time of notice of cancellation minus the non-refundable admissions review fee. The Admissions Review Fee covers the administrative cost for review of the student’s academic transcripts.
- Middleton Academy shall retain the following percentages of tuition based on the student’s percentage of course completion at the time of notice of cancellation:
- Up to and including completion of 10% of the course, 10% of the refundable tuition (tuition charges remaining after subtracting the non-refundable fee already retained) may be retained.
- Between completion of 10% and 25% of the course, 25% of the refundable tuition may be retained.
- Between completion of 25% and 50% of the course, 50% of the refundable tuition may be retained.
- After the student completes more than 50% of the course, Middleton Academy shall be entitled to retain the entire total course tuition.
- Any money due to the student as a result of the cancellation request shall be refunded within 30 days of the cancellation request.
Note: The amount of course completed is the ratio of completed required lesson assignments received by Middleton Academy for evaluation to the total lesson assignments required to complete the course.